Welder VDI 315 PRO Inverter PATON™ is designed for manual arc welding with coated electrode with “MMA” method, arc welding with gas shielded “TIG” method and semi-automatic arc welding with “MIG/MAG” method. (as a source in a set with an external feeder) with direct current (DC).
Each of the above mentioned methods enables us to use pulsating current. This device is intended for industrial use, but thanks to additional settings, the welder can achieve optimal welding parameters for various jobs. It provides a virtually uninterrupted cycle of 70% at full current rating of 315A. By default, the source is set to optimum values, which is sufficient for most jobs. For more demanding work, detailed settings are available, but these require more skill from the welder. Welders can be used for manual arc welding with standard 1.6 – 6 mm diameter electrodes, tungsten electrodes and for semi-automatic arc welding with 0.6 – 1.6 mm diameter welding wire.
The use of a completely electronic control method in this apparatus precludes defects which are characteristic of multifunctional systems based on analogue control systems which, by definition, are always directed towards one specific method and all other methods as an additional method are not optimal in other operating modes. In a fully electronic control system, the control system has absolutely all the resources of a source, within the limits of its full power and regardless of the method used.
These Professional Series welding units are protected against ingress of foreign particles more than 2.5 mm in size and against rain drops if the rain drops fall at an angle to the vertical surfaces of the welding unit not more than 60 degrees. The welding unit is allowed for outdoor operation in temperature -25 + 45 ºС . The internal electrical and electronic elements of the welding unit are protected against moisture but are not protected against atmospheric condensate drops.
A no-load reduction block in the MMA method has been built into this device, with the possibility of switching it on and off. After the welding process is complete, the voltage at the source terminals is reduced to a safe level of 12 V within 0.1 seconds.
Features & Benefits:
The high quality of the welds and the safety of the Welder VDI 315 PRO are ensured by additional adjustable functions
Hot-Start Function: ensures the highest quality of the start of welding, first-class ignition – at the moment of arc ignition, during a short time, the working welding current increases from the set working level to the optimum level. In some cases (when working with a weak network or generator), this level can be set manually if there is a suitable switch (as in the “Professional” series). Lowering the “Hot-Start” to reduce power consumption from a weak network or increasing it in a strong network makes ignition much easier.
Arc-Force Function: used to improve short arc combustion stability and prevent electrode “sticking”. When a drop of metal is separated from the electrode, the current is automatically increased to a certain level if there is a suitable switch (as in the “Professional” series). By lowering the “Electric arc force” to reduce power consumption from a weak grid or increase it in a strong grid, the combustion stability of the arc is even more improved.
Pulsed Welding Function: This function is designed to simplify the control of a welding process in various spatial welding positions, excluding a flat welding position. This function is also used in welding nonferrous metals. When this function is activated, the application of pulse welding current improves the mixing of molten metals in the weld area and causes forced action on the transfer of molten metal drops into the welding pool, therefore the stability of the weld formation and the stability of the welding process are improved.
Welder VDI 315 PRO PATON™ Inverter have a stabilization system, so they can be powered from the aggregate, also operates at full nominal current with a 46 m long on extension cable and a 2.5 mm diameter.
|Electrode diameter (mm)||Set welding current in the MMA and TIG welding processes (A)||Electrode wire diameter in the MIG/MAG welding process (mm)||Minimum power of the generator (kVA)|
|Ф2||Not more than 80||Not more than Ф0.6||2.9 kVA|
|Ф3||Not more than 120||Not more than Ф0.8||4.5 kVA|
|Ф4||Not more than 160||Not more than Ф1.0||6.2 kVA|
|Ф5||Not more than 220||Not more than Ф1.0||9.0 kVA|
|Ф6 low-melting||Not more than 250||Not more than Ф1.2||10.7 kVA|
|Ф6||Not more than 315||Not more than Ф1.4||13.5 kVA|
Thanks to their robust, compact design, the PRO Series welders are ideal for use in the field and in industrial environments. The small size of the machine makes it very mobile. It is worth noting that the welding parameters fully correspond to the real working parameters of the welder, which is defined by the use of high-quality electronic components with thorough control at each stage of production.
The kit includes:
- The welding unit PATON™ VDI 315 PRO DC 400 V
- The welding cable 3 m in length with an Abicor Binzel™ DE2300 electrode holder
- The welding cable 3 m in length with a Abicor Binzel™ MK300 grounding clamp
- Cardboard packaging
- The shoulder-carry belt
- The operation manual
Compared to inverter welders from other manufacturers, this product was invented by the designers of the Pilot Plant of Welding Equipment of the Electric Welding Institute named after E. O. Paton, has the following advantages:
- Wide range of adjustment options for welding parameters:
– the MMA method – 1 (basic) + 10 (additional)
– the TIG method – 1 (basic) + 4 (additional)
– the MIG/MAG method – 1 (basic) + 5 (additional)
- Pulsed welding function, which is programmable in all welding modes.
- Protection against voltage surges.
- The welding unit is protected against long-time fluctuations of power supply voltage and ensures welding arc stabilization when the input voltage of the unit changes in the range of 320 V through 440 V.
- Adapted to the standard power grid. Thanks to its high efficiency, the source provides twice as much electricity as traditional sources.
- Adaptive fan speed, which increases at the start of welding, increases even more when the welding machine is heated and decreases when it is cool, saves fan wear and reduces the amount of dust in the welding machine.
- Increased reliability of the welder in production conditions with high dustiness and high humidity. The microelectronic system has been moved to a separate chamber protected by a robust construction.
- A thermal electronic protection system is installed on all heating elements of the source.
- All electronic components of the welding machine are impregnated with two layers of high-quality lacquer, which ensures the reliability of the product during its lifetime.
- Improved stability of the electric arc glow.
- Reliability thanks to the use of the latest advanced IGBT technology.
|Rated power supply voltage 50/60 Hz||3x400 V|
|Rated power supply current||14,5 – 16 A|
|Rated welding current||315 A|
|Maximum operating current||400 A|
|Operating load factor %||70% at 315 А|
100% at 260 А
|Power supply voltage range||±15% V|
|Welding current control range||15 – 315 A|
|Welding current control range||12 – 30 V|
|Diameter of a stick electrode||1,6 – 6,0 mm|
|Diameter of electrode wire||0,6 – 1,4 mm|
|Welding processes with a pulse welding mode||MMA: 0,2...500 Hz|
TIG: 0,2...500 Hz
MIG/MAG: 5...500 Hz
|Function "Arc-Force" ||Adjustable|
|Function "Anti-Stick" ||Automatic|
|Reduction of open-circuit voltage||ON/OFF|
|Open-circuit voltage||12 / 75 V|
|Welding arc starting voltage||110 V|
|Rated consumed power||9,6 – 10,5 kVA|
|Maximum consumed power||13,5 kVA|
|Operating temperature range||–25 … +45 ºС|
|Fulfilled standards:||EN 60204 – 1:2006|
EN 60974 – 1:2012
EN 60974 – 10:2014
|Overall dimensions (length, width, height)||390 х 145 х 325|
|Protection class*||IP 33|